Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Painting 101

One of the advantages of owning a home is that time is on our side... by that I mean that we have the ability to progress as slowly or quickly as our bank account will allow us to. That's a good thing! Our most recent project was painting the dining room. Michael and I took a trip to Home Depot last week-- at about 7:30pm, mind you. We immediately began painting and got to bed around 12 (and this was on a school night, too!!) We got it right on the first try! Here is a before picture:


And here is the end result:





Eventually we'll buy a bigger dining room table, but for now, this works. The paint color is called "Red Brick," and while the picture doesn't quite do it justice, there is a hint of orange in it, which I love! :) One of my favorite pieces in the house is my grandmother's china cabinet, which is to the right of the table (you can't see it in the picture). I have so many memories of crawling under it to play "Alice in Wonderland" while Grandma babysat us children, and I'm thrilled that I'm able to use it for more "adult" purposes now!

1 comment:

Hilary Ann said...

oooo . . I love that color!