Saturday, May 4, 2013

2013 Walk for Life

Back in high school, I participated in the Crisis Pregnancy Center's Walk for Life with a few friends. It was a fun experience, and I've said every since that I was going to participate again. Never have.

But this year, I'm resolved. It won't take long to figure out why. I have always been intensely pro-life, and Michael and I support the Crisis Pregnancy Center as they try to redeem the lives of unborn children. Up until this year, it's been a cause I've supported "from afar," if you will. But after we lost Thomas, it became intensely personal. People actually abort children at 23 weeks,and justify it? Doctors consent to that?! So many women who long for a child experience infertility, miscarriage, or stillbirth--all tragedies that these women have no control over. The two scenarios horrify me--one mother who has to bury her unborn child unexpectedly and one mother who just wants to "fix a mistake." What a dark, pagan phenomenon of aborting a baby (at any stage) when there's a woman out there who would long to be mommy to that child.

All that being said, Michael, Eli, and I are walking on June 1 in downtown Concord. Our goal is $500--I have no idea if that's feasible but here goes nothing! It will be a fun day to show our support for a ministry that must exist if we want cultural reformation. Here is our page where you can donate online-- $10, $15, or $100. Or more. Whatever. It all goes to a vital ministry severely underfunded and desperate for anything you'd be willing to give. Or you can walk with us! We'd love to see you there.




No comments: