
How far along? 34 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: a lot, considering that he weighs about the amount of a cantaloupe!
Maternity clothes? yes, and fortunately my dear friend Lydia supplied me with a few items that will prevent me from spending money unnecessarily on clothes that I never want to wear again!
Stretch marks? No stretch marks.
Sleep: Napping is becoming a much more desirable pastime than in the 2nd trimester.
Best moment this week: Since I'm covering two weeks, the best moment was traveling to Savannah for a mini-moon over the weekend. Well, the traveling part wasn't ideal, but spending a weekend away with my husband was much needed, and we enjoyed being there and walking around the beautiful city together. The highlight was stopping for afternoon tea on Saturday at The Tea Room. We enjoyed hot tea (a pot for each of us), scones, and clotted cream--all reminiscent of the time we spent in London!
Movement: yep; sometimes it's uncomfortable but usually I find it relieving to feel him move
Food cravings: Now that my stomach capacity is beginning to dwindle, I'm finding less and less that sounds appetizing.
Gender: BOY. Yay!
Name: Elijah.... and his middle name is Dutch after my grandfather.
Labor Signs: No, just lots of Braxton Hicks--another one of God's ways to prepare us for childbirth!
Belly Button in or out? IN but shrinking!
What I miss: The ability to see my feet.
Milestones: We began a Prepared Childbirth Class at Northeast Hospital 2 weeks ago--while my attendance has been perfect, Michael was out of town last week and missed week 2, which consequently centered on breathing techniques. I dragged Rebecca to the class, so there's a chance she might become my breathing coach if that becomes necessary (READ: if by some freak chance an epidural is not available). I've already learned a lot and kind of look forward to the remaining three weeks of the class!
1 comment:
Epidural is the way to go..and don't let them convince you that 'there is no way you are in labor yet' over the phone....BIG mistake..I was a 7 when I got to the hospital..that doctor almost got socked in the face when I found out I could've had that epidural HOURS before!
Love the posts, keep them coming...and baby is SO much better on the other side :)
Post a Comment