Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sons are a heritage from the Lord!

We're having a boy!


Here's a profile view of baby C!

This is my sorry attempt at a two layer cake using two cake pans of different sizes.


*Fingers crossed*, our Thanksgiving this year will give us much to be thankful for. On November 24th, our SON is due to make his appearance and officially become part of our family. Now that I am 19 weeks, I'm finally feeling well enough to record and recount this exciting adventure of my pregnancy and Michael and me becoming parents.

As predicted, I did spend the first 16 weeks (and sometimes beyond) as a victim of nausea, morning sickness, and various other pregnancy related joys! Thankfully, much of that has subsided and reality truly struck home yesterday at our ultrasound. The Lord has been good to us so far in the baby's development and growth--everything looked good: four chambers of the heart, strong kidneys, good measurements, well-developed spine. And perhaps the most anticipated announcement of all: It's a boy! We could hardly believe it, although perhaps by a stroke of intuition, I always wandered to the boys' sections of Babies R'Us or Target.

This has made the process much more real for us as we prepare to raise a son. Much responsibility, prayer, and patience accompanies the arrival of any child and our prayer is that even now, Baby C (whose name we have not finally decided on) will grow up knowing he is the Lord's and that his life will daily reflect that, even by showing obedience to mom and dad at one year old.

I've attached the video of us "announcing" to the grandparents what the gender is. We're so blessed to have two sets of parents who are friends with each other and can share such a fun moment in our lives. I baked a *blue* cake with white icing and once they cut into the cake, they knew what we were having. Unfortunately, it turned out more green than blue since I used yellow cake mix. BUT they got the idea!

I've also attached a few pictures of us along the way so far. Hopefully now that I've crossed the hurdle of "catching up" on my blog, I will post more frequently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Iviz1nzUo

No comments: