Tuesday, November 8, 2011

One Year is Like a Day!


I would be remiss if I didn't dote on today's very special occasion... our firstborn's first birthday! One year ago today our lives found their higher purpose in becoming parents to little man. He came two and a half weeks early and one day after our niece Claire's baptism (I know the timing was providential!), and God was about to teach us things that nothing else can teach you. We're so thankful for the past 365 days that He has given us with Eli.

It is no thanks to us that Eli is prospering--our Father in Heaven knows Eli's frame and has been faithful to grow him into one altogether adorably healthy toddler (I guess we can call them toddlers now?). While we aren't hoping to go Duggar-style and have twenty--yes, TWENTY! She's pregnant again!--we do hope the Lord continues to bless us in the way He has historically blessed his covenant people: granting us more little souls to nurture and more little diapers to change. Although the latter is something I won't particularly miss.

The image above is courtesy of Tara Molles, my dear friend whose work never fails to delight me! Shortly after this was taken, we let him dig into his little birthday cake; it also made for some fabulous shots!

No comments: