Cousin tummy time! :)
Eli turned one month old yesterday! While sometimes I feel like the last 4 weeks have flown by, there are times when I feel like he should be much older. I think it’s because the 3 days we spent in the hospital seem, in my mind, to have occupied much more time than they actually did. In fact, I’m ashamed to say that 3 days after he was released from the hospital, I told a lady at the grocery store that he was 2 weeks when he was actually only one. I blame that on the lack of sleep and the hormones.
Eli has been such a blessing to us. Our nights thus far have been *relatively* easy as he’s been feeding at 11:30, between 3 -4, and then again between 6-7. I say this with much hesitation as I’m afraid he might hear me and begin waking every hour just to spite his mommy. He’s a content boy who will sit on our laps and stare wide eyed, with lips pursed, and take it all in. He’s starting to become much more aware than even a week ago, and while he hasn’t looked at us and smiled alertly, he smiles in his sleep often and while they may not be real smiles, it’s enough to make me forget that I haven’t had 8 straight hours of sleep since November 6th (now THAT’S sobering!)
At his one month checkup today, Eli weighed 9lbs 11oz and measured 21 ¼ inches. I often pondered what the big deal was when new mommies bragged.announced.worried about their babies’ weight after each doctor’s appointment. I can totally relate now! I was *so* looking forward to this appointment to see what he weighed, probably in large part because I wanted confirmation that he was getting enough food. After dropping to 6 lbs 9oz on the Thursday after he was born, I am so excited to know he’s growing well. What a blessing.
Life has changed so much since Eli came along but Michael and I are soaking it all in and still look at Eli in awe—he’s a combination of me and Michael (although more Michael than me, evidently), and God has entrusted his little soul to us. We pray for him every day and look forward to each new development in his growth. Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment