Friday, August 6, 2010

24 weeks!



Week 23 passed quickly as my family spent a relaxing week at the beach. It was good to get away and spend *interruption free* time with the family, especially since this was the last beach trip sans baby for a while. As I sat on the beach, book in hand, I was thankful for that time but also eyed the mommies and daddies playing with their children and looked forward to meeting Elijah and introducing him to the experience of beach going. I'm not so naive to think this will be a peace of cake. No more book to breeze through on the beach, no more closing my eyes as I listen to the sound of the waves, and no more intense people watching that I love so much... BUT what we get is of much more worth--eternal worth--screams of fear, mouthfuls of sand, dirty diapers, and all! So here's to week 24!

How far along? 24 weeks... 4 more weeks until the third trimester begins!
Total weight gain/loss: Loss? Seriously?
Maternity clothes? Can still fit semi-comfortably in some of my regular clothes
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: I feel like my naps are more beneficial than my regular sleep. I wake up a lot.
Best moment this week: Finding some INCREDIBLE deals at the Tot Trade Charlotte consignment, including Michael's favorite find, a Baby Bjorn for 20 dollars!
Movement: YES-- we've tried to catch it on film, but to no avail. He must get stage fright :)
Food cravings: None to speak of...
Gender: BOY. Yay!
Name: Haven’t signed this in blood yet, but probably Elijah.
Labor Signs: Nope, thankfully.
Belly Button in or out? In, and I'm crossing my fingers that won't change!
What I miss: Turkey sandwiches, this week.
Milestones: Well, I've conquered heartburn with Zantac's aid. That is quite a milestone. And my pregnancy is becoming a bit more noticeable by the day.

No comments: